The 2023 Silent Movies Calendar: "Collector's Choice" Edition!
The calendar is ready for shipping!
I produce this calendar every year with generous contributions of photographs from collectors and institutions as a benefit for silent film preservation.
The Silent Movies Benefit Calendar features silent film artwork for each month, and on each date lists birthdays of silent-era film stars and personalities, as well as notable marriages, deaths, and film openings.
This year the theme is "Contributors' Choice." I asked my regular contributors to choose pieces from their collections that particularly had caught their eye, so the only "theme" is really "photos that the contributors liked." But this has resulted in a series of lovely photos, some familiar, others quite obscure.
I sell the calendars through PayPal, since it makes the shipping and accounting easy. You do not need a Paypal account to purchase.
To purchase one copy of the calendar, use this Paypal button.
To purchase several calendars in one shipment, use this button to add calendars to your "cart," and then check out through PayPal. You can also use this button to add items from the Mont Alto Orchestra's Recordings page if you like, to get them all in one shipment.You can also order by check. Email me your address and let me know the size of the order, and I'll calculate shipping for you.
- The 2022 calendar raised $1753.66 for the San Francisco Silent Film Festival's preservation projects.
- The 2021 calendar raised $2421 for for the Film Preservation Society for their Biograph project.
- The 2020 calendar raised $1859 for Lobster Films
- The 2019 calendar raised $2019 for the George Eastman Museum
- The 2018 calendar raised $2024 for the UCLA Film and Television Archive
- The 2017 calendar raised $2005 for the San Francisco Silent Film Festival
- The 2016 calendar raised $1750 for Film Preservation Associates
- The 2015 calendar raised $2300 for the Museum of Modern Art
- The 2014 calendar raised $2240 for Film Preservation Associates
- The 2013 calendar raised $1808 for the George Eastman Museum
- The 2012 calendar benefitted the UCLA Film and Television Archive
- The 2010 and 2011 calendars benefitted the Niles Essanay Silent Film Museum in Niles California
- The 2009 calendar funds supported an internship in film preservation through the San Francisco Silent Film Festival.
- The 2008 calendar funds supported the video restoration of Bardelys the Magnificent through Film Preservation Associates and Lobster Films
- The 2007 calendar funds were donated to the George Eastman House.
- The 2006 calendar benefitted Film Preservation Associates.
- The 2004 alt.movies.silent calendar raised $1442.06, for two projects.
- The 2003 calendar made possible a donation of $671.07 to the UCLA Film and Television Archive.